April 08, 2018 

The Gulf of Mexico

We woke up this morning to one of the best continental breakfasts I've had in a long time; and by in a long time, I mean that because I haven't stayed in a hotel with breakfast in like almost a year. Maybe longer, I can't remember. Anyway, we all got up and made our way down to the breakfast (I think Mom went for a run before breakfast) and it was so good. I had a plate of eggs, sausages, hashbrowns, and a little donut thing that was amazing, and there was tons of other stuff too. After breakfast, we went back to the room and watched a DNR show for awhile. We got packed up, and started heading over to where there were supposedly natural springs and manatees, only to find out that there weren't any manatees. And you had to pay to see the springs. By this time it was almost 10:30, which was the time that the church we had chose to go to had its second service. It was called, "Gulf to Lake Church" and it was really cool and they had an awesome worship team. Mom was worried that Jana and Tevia would be "scarred for life" because it was a Baptist church, but they even said in the sermon, "God can use you if you're a man or a woman." After church, we went over to Charlie's Fish House Restaurant, which was absolutely amazing food, and right outside there were birds and these very large Atlantic Tarpon fish in the water (at least that's what they told us they were... they were about 8 feet long). After we ate and fought about where to go for awhile, we ended up going out to the Gulf of Mexico; however, we were hoping for a more natural area, and this was very obviously man-made. After walking around for awhile (saw a baby alligator!) we got back in the car and headed towards Orlando. It was about a 2 hour drive as someone decided that we shouldn't take any toll roads this time, so we really saw rural Florida. When we finally got to Orlando, we went and found our hotel... it was HUGE. It had like 10 different buildings in a sort of square 8 shape, with a water park in each of the middle areas, a mall inbetween, and each building was 6 floors of suites... it was giant. We found our room on the 4th floor, and relaxed for awhile. There were some minor issues with the wifi, as wifi doesn't particularly enjoy working through cement walls. In the end, to write this journal and stuff, I had to put my phone near the window where it got perfect service, then extend the signal from my phone to my laptop, which worked very well. Alternatively, you could just step outside and get very fast wifi. Mom and Dad went to find food and to get Mom checked in to her conference, and so Tevia and I went and explored the area, and then we watched Finding Nemo until Mom and Dad got back with lots of snacks and Wal-Mart salads and the such. As soon as we were done eating, we went and went swimming and then Jana, Mom, and Dad went back and got ready for bed while Tevia and I sat in the hot tub and talked to two nice people from Washington state, near Portland Oregon. We came back and got ready for bed, and then passed out, completely exhausted. 

I had a DIY shrimp sandwich, and it was the best food I've had since like last night.